- The California Drought
- Integrated Resource Plan
- Bear Valley Solar Energy Project
- Renewable Energy
- Electric Vehicle Charging Pilot
Bear Ready Residential
Over 40 plug-in electric vehicles (EVs) of all types including SUVs, are available for purchase or lease in California, and there are more than 500,000 EVs on California’s roads. Bear Valley Electric Service created Bear Ready Residential to serve the residents of the Big Bear Valley. Under Bear Ready Residential, Bear Valley Electric Service will rebate the installation of the electrical infrastructure (submeter, electric panel, conduit, electric runs and junction box) for a Level 2 EV charging at single family homes in the Big Bear Valley. Participants will be able to enroll in Bear Valley Electric Services special time-of-use EV rate (TOU-EV-1) to take advantage of the best prices to fuel their EV. Funds are available on a first-come, first serve basis until exhausted. To get started, email your name, service address, and interest in Bear Ready Residential to us at BearReady@energycenter.org. Review the full Bear Ready Residential Program Handbook.
- Must be a single-family dwelling concurrently served by Bear Valley Electric Service on a domestic schedule.
- Be the property owner to apply.
- Have dedicated off-street parking spot (garage, carport, driveway). The off-street parking location must be reasonably accessible to the point of electric service.
- Be available to move forward in the Bear Ready Residential program within a reasonable timeframe.
- Email your name, service address, and interest in Bear Ready Residential to BearReady@energycenter.org. Once you are confirmed as preliminarily eligible, we will send you a Bear Ready Residential application form to complete.
- Submit a Preliminary Service Request (PSR) to BVES. Please complete and send a Preliminary Service Request (PSR) by either clicking "Submit" here or printing the PDF version here.
- Submit the application form along with a picture of your current house electric panel breakers, and a marked up aerial image of the location of the parking spot (garage, carport, driveway) and house electric panel. We will review your house demand, breaker volume, and designated parking location to determine eligibility.
- Select an electrical contractor from the list of approved Big Bear approved contractors.
- Submit the contractor quote showing the total costs (e.g. permits, materials, and labor).
- After the quote is approved by BVES, have the contractor complete the installation, and submit the contractor invoice for reimbursement.
- BVES will reimburse your costs for adding the submeter, electric panel, conduit, electric runs and junction box to the EV charger location.